Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Help! My video from photo booth seems to be gone.

Hello guys, thank you for taking the time to read my question. Today I made a 30-min video for an assignment from my education. I interviewed someone about some problems at their family, so it is not something I could easily redo. When I wanted to open the file at home, there was nothing there. It showed an empty grey box. Five minutes later I made another video (unaware that the first one went wrong) and that one was fine. A day before I also made a video without any problems.

Is there any way for me to recover the video? There has been a lot of preparation for this assignment so it would be really unfortunate if I'd have to do another one.

I have already tried to open it after exporting the file, changing the extention and recovering it with a tool called 'Wondershare RepareIt'

I really hope someone has another idea! Thank you!

Ps. I'm not sure about the topic, but coudn't find a PhotoBoot-one. If I was wrong, I'm sorry!

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 12.0

Posted on Dec 17, 2021 11:40 AM

4 replies

Dec 17, 2021 11:12 PM in response to lllaass

Yes I do, (tried to show what I have in the picture), but the info in Finder, where I exported it to, says it's empty, 36 bytes (4 kb at disk). So that's not hopefull I guess..? But is there any chance that the missing images are somewhere on the laptop and just need to be combined with this file? I have pressed start at the beginning and stop at the end and it seemed to work fine at that time.

Added a printscreen of its info. It's in Dutch because I'm from Holland.

Dec 18, 2021 12:48 AM in response to MissTeaspoon

Something happened and the video is gone. The Get Info shows fr3 actual bytes (4KB on disk and zero time recording. Thus there is no info you can recovery from.

It appears that when you started recording that file the recording started and then immediately. That could have happened at the end too. The time given in the Get Info will tell you if error occurred at beginning or end of recording.

Help! My video from photo booth seems to be gone.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.