Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to switch users on an iPad

My husband set up his information on my son's iPad. I just created a user for my child and would now like to set up the iPad under his apple id. Do i have to erase the entire iPad to switch identities?

iPad Pro 12.9-inch, 3rd Gen, Wi-Fi

Posted on Dec 17, 2021 3:49 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 17, 2021 3:57 PM

Yes, you would. The iPad is not able to have multiple profiles on it and switch like you would a computer. It is set to be set up for one individual only by Apple ID. If your husband is no longer going to use the device, you can wipe it and set it up for your son with his Apple ID. See this. What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support Then go through and set it up for your son. Then if you are using Family Sharing, you can finish that setup.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 17, 2021 3:57 PM in response to truly224

Yes, you would. The iPad is not able to have multiple profiles on it and switch like you would a computer. It is set to be set up for one individual only by Apple ID. If your husband is no longer going to use the device, you can wipe it and set it up for your son with his Apple ID. See this. What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support Then go through and set it up for your son. Then if you are using Family Sharing, you can finish that setup.

How to switch users on an iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.