Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

recover photos

please assist to recover deleted photos

I just duplicate photos. when i try to delete, i'm deleted the original photos at recently deleted files.

The copy photos still remain. but cannot open or share for recover

iPhone 6s, iOS 13

Posted on Dec 17, 2021 5:11 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 17, 2021 5:19 PM

If you were using iCloud photos or the local Photos app, look in the recently deleted album.

If you have backups of your photos, check there.

If you’re not using iCloud for your photos and have an iCloud or Mac or Windows backup of your iPhone, check there. (You’ll have to restore that backup, which can mean reverting all other changes since that backup was created if you don’t have and can’t borrow a “spare” device to restore the backup to.)

Unfortunately, this is pretty much exactly where not having backups of our data ends up too, and for far too many of us. We end up with data loss.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 17, 2021 5:19 PM in response to hafizsem

If you were using iCloud photos or the local Photos app, look in the recently deleted album.

If you have backups of your photos, check there.

If you’re not using iCloud for your photos and have an iCloud or Mac or Windows backup of your iPhone, check there. (You’ll have to restore that backup, which can mean reverting all other changes since that backup was created if you don’t have and can’t borrow a “spare” device to restore the backup to.)

Unfortunately, this is pretty much exactly where not having backups of our data ends up too, and for far too many of us. We end up with data loss.

recover photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.