Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problems unlocking Mac with Apple Watch

Hi everyone.

I know this topic has been covered elsewhere but I am still having problems unlocking my mac with my watch despite trying all the fixes I have found. I get the message Your Mac was unable to communicate with your Apple Watch, despite my phone being unlocked and the unlocked watch on my wrist and unlocked.

This has happened before and I have been able to get it working by deleting the plist files etc. Not this time.

It's a pity that this super useful feature is so troublesome, for me at least. Does anyone have any further ideas beyond the bluetooth on/off, restart (duh) and plist solution?

Cheers,

Mark

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Dec 18, 2021 3:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 18, 2021 8:48 AM

If you have not read through all the replies in this thread, start here and keep reading to the end, trying things along the way.

Check out this thread on fixing Apple Watch unlocking Mac

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/251803595?answerId=253458029022#253458029022

Similar questions

1 reply

Problems unlocking Mac with Apple Watch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.