You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Voice memo app displays after phone is locked 13 pro max

How can I change a setting to have voice memos not show up or have functionality disabled unless unlocked screen? I just want it to record when the screen is locked and not be able to interact with the app unless I unlock the phone? That way buttons cannot be interacted with should the phone move around in my pocket or something.

Posted on Dec 18, 2021 6:45 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 20, 2021 7:21 AM

Hey there, unfortunately, voice memo isn't selected in included controls and has a green plus sign. I don't have the option for customizing controls anywhere and doing more tests still allows me to access voice memos when the phone is locked.

6 replies

Dec 21, 2021 10:07 AM in response to bailier

when starting the voice memo to record and then locking the phone, I have pause functionality and other buttons from the voice memo able to be interacted with while the screen is locked. I am trying to find a way where I cannot interact with voice memo unless I unlock the screen. So it's as if the app is able to be interacted with while the screen is locked.

Dec 19, 2021 8:44 AM in response to Leonorgod

Hello Leonorgod,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities!

If we understand your post correctly, you want to know how to disable or have the functionality to disable Voice Memos unless the screen is unlocked. We're happy to help!

Settings > Control Center. Tap Customize Controls.

Find the Voice Memos entry from the list (with a red minus sign in a circle next to it) and tap it. It will be removed from Control Center.

Use and customize Control Center on iPhone

For more information on how to control access to Lock Screen information, check out this article: Control access to information on the iPhone Lock Screen

Hope this helps!

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

Take care!

Voice memo app displays after phone is locked 13 pro max

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.