Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Monterry Got Rid of iTunes

I'm trying to access backups of my iphone 8 from my laptop, but in the new update not only is there no iTunes, but it is inaccessible to download. (For those about to suggest using Photos backup, please understand that I have tried and the last time it worked was 2019). Any suggestions?

MacBook Pro (2020 and later)

Posted on Dec 18, 2021 9:25 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 18, 2021 9:56 AM

Dead_Brick_Phone wrote:

I'm trying to access backups of my iphone 8 from my laptop, but in the new update not only is there no iTunes, but it is inaccessible to download. (For those about to suggest using Photos backup, please understand that I have tried and the last time it worked was 2019). Any suggestions?

? June 3, 2019, Apple announced that iTunes in macOS Catalina would be replaced by separate apps,

namely Music.app

Finder>Options>Side bar> iOS devices

Use the Finder to sync your iPhone, iPad, or iPod with your ...

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 18, 2021 9:56 AM in response to Dead_Brick_Phone

Dead_Brick_Phone wrote:

? June 3, 2019, Apple announced that iTunes in macOS Catalina would be replaced by separate apps,

namely Music.app

Finder>Options>Side bar> iOS devices

Use the Finder to sync your iPhone, iPad, or iPod with your ...

Monterry Got Rid of iTunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.