Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Monterey and Catalina Finder shows no exif

I have a lot of photos and videos backup on to WD Cloud.

Viewing contents in Finder, shows only Data Modified timestamp which is the upload/backup time.

I have to use Preview > Inspector, or import into Photos to see exif/meta info one by one.

It is very inconvenient.

I saw discussion on internet mentioning, Mojave had "see more" option in Finder. Can't find any for Monterey/Catalina. Ideally I wish Finder show file timestamp by it's actual creation timestamp. I've seen people making a script to do so. Obviously that's not a optimum solution fo average user.

Please comment,

Thanks,

Posted on Dec 18, 2021 10:09 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 18, 2021 6:49 PM

BTW, there is also exiftool by Phil Harvey.

Similar questions

4 replies

Dec 18, 2021 12:15 PM in response to Old Toad

Thanks for reply, I don't seem to have this option (Monterey)

(A NAS Folder) Finder > Show View/Preview Options do not seem to have Date Time Digitized options (this is the real timestamp I am looking for to use).

Importing into Photos, Photos sorts the image by it's "Date Time Digitized". The way tools are designed seems to enfoce a workflow of importing these into Photos as a must.

Monterey and Catalina Finder shows no exif

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.