Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Calorie tracking

For all you Apple Watch users, I need some help. I just spent about an hour and 20 minutes raking leaves, my heart rate got up to like 180 at one point (possibly more than once)… it was quite a workout. I didn’t track it as a workout. My watch says I’ve only burned 180 calories for the entire day so far (it’s 10:50am here). If I were to have started a miscellaneous workout before raking the leaves, I guarantee my watch would have told me I’ve burned many more calories than 180. Does anyone understand why this happens? The same amount of physical activity, yet calories burned are higher when you “track” activity rather than just have the watch on while you do things.

Apple Watch Series 4, watchOS 7

Posted on Dec 18, 2021 11:37 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 18, 2021 12:25 PM

I suspect the same thing when I am mowing the lawn or shoveling snow although I don't keep that close an eye on the calories burned. All I can suggest is to see the "Make sure that you earn Move and Exercise credit" section in:

Get the most accurate measurements using your Apple Watch - Apple Support

You should also make sure your watch is calibrated:

Calibrating your Apple Watch for improved Workout and Activity accuracy - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 18, 2021 12:25 PM in response to B_Bossard

I suspect the same thing when I am mowing the lawn or shoveling snow although I don't keep that close an eye on the calories burned. All I can suggest is to see the "Make sure that you earn Move and Exercise credit" section in:

Get the most accurate measurements using your Apple Watch - Apple Support

You should also make sure your watch is calibrated:

Calibrating your Apple Watch for improved Workout and Activity accuracy - Apple Support

Calorie tracking

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.