Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 12

Why won't my iPhone 12 sync with my MacBook?

iPhone 12

Posted on Dec 18, 2021 4:34 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 18, 2021 6:28 PM

After restarting both, this worked on the 2nd try. At least it appears to have. it is only copying a portion of my music at this moment. Apparently it doesn't like the music I purchased from Amazon and my CDs. I think that is a different problem that I will need to read up on. Thank you for your help

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 18, 2021 6:28 PM in response to Axel Foley

After restarting both, this worked on the 2nd try. At least it appears to have. it is only copying a portion of my music at this moment. Apparently it doesn't like the music I purchased from Amazon and my CDs. I think that is a different problem that I will need to read up on. Thank you for your help

Dec 18, 2021 5:54 PM in response to Axel Foley

Yes, I got texted limited to get this started. So about a year ago I got my iPhone 12. I backup my iPhone(s) to my MacBook. When I got my new iPhone 12, I did a backup and it worked and still works today. What I don't think I paid attention to was the sync function. Today I found that I cannot sync even after doing a backup seconds before. Example, If I try to sync my music playlists, it tries for a few minutes and then an error message pops up saying that cannot sync because communication with the iPhone was lost. All the while, the iPhone icon shows in finder. I have tried using a cable and using Wifi, but there is no change. Its like there is something preventing the sync and it just dies out.

iPhone 12

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.