Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I get my i phone 4s updated to iOS 10?

I have i phone 4s iOS 9.3.6 installed. How can I get it updated to iOS 10?

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Dec 19, 2021 6:57 AM

8 replies

Dec 19, 2021 7:21 AM in response to malikyousaf

malikyousaf wrote:

I have i phone 4s iOS 9.3.6 installed. How can I get it updated to iOS 10?

There is no means to do that, and there are no hardware upgrades available for this decade-old iPhone 4s.

With the end of 3G coverage and of CDMA in most networks, your remaining option is to replace this iPhone 4s with a newer (used, refurb) or new iPhone.

Preferably with a model that offers GSM and 4G coverage, and iOS 15 support.

If you might be considering a purchase of a used iPhone, a caution: https://discussions.apple.com/docs/DOC-250001038

Jan 3, 2022 6:55 PM in response to koroma_lynda

koroma_lynda wrote:

How can I get my iphone 4s updated to iOS 10?

There is no means to do that, and there are no hardware upgrades available for this decade-old iPhone 4s.

With the end of 3G coverage and of CDMA in most networks, your remaining option is to replace this iPhone 4s with a newer (used, refurb) or new iPhone.

Preferably with a model that offers GSM and 4G coverage, and iOS 15 support.

If you might be considering a purchase of a used iPhone, a caution: https://discussions.apple.com/docs/DOC-250001038

Jan 14, 2022 11:21 AM in response to adiayu179

adiayu179 wrote:

can i update my iphone 4 ios 7 to ios 8or9

No.

and how can i install whatsapp in ios 7

Convince the app developer to back-port their app.

Anything less than iPhone 6s won’t run current iOS and won’t run current apps, and even the older iPhones able to run current iOS lack all the iOS features available to newer iPhone models. I don’t know what will be the next batch of iPhones to drop off current-version iOS support, but iPhone 6s will almost certainly be among those. iPhone 4 is just not going to get current iOS support or current apps back again. Way, way too hardware-limited.

How can I get my i phone 4s updated to iOS 10?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.