Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Transfer all messages from iPhone

How can I transfer my old messages from my old iPhone to my new iPhone

iPhone 12, iOS 15

Posted on Dec 19, 2021 9:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 19, 2021 10:01 AM

Did you use iCloud for Messages on your old iPhone? If YES, then you can turn on iCloud for Messages on your new iPhone (with the same Apple ID) and the messages will synch.

If you do not use iCloud for Messages, then do you have a backup file created on a computer from your old iPhone? If YES, then you can restore your new iPhone from that backup file to transfer all the data.

If you do not have a backup file created on a computer then you can use one of the methods listed below to transfer data from your old iPhone to your new iPhone:

Transfer Data from old iPhone to new-

Do you have a backup created either on iCloud or on your computer?

Method 1 - Backup your old iPhone on your computer like this ➔ How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support and then Restore your new iPhone from that backup like this ➔Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup - Apple Support

Method 2 - The Quick Start method and here is how to do that ➔  Use Quick Start to transfer data from your previous iOS device to your new iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Axel F.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 19, 2021 10:01 AM in response to keneisha273

Did you use iCloud for Messages on your old iPhone? If YES, then you can turn on iCloud for Messages on your new iPhone (with the same Apple ID) and the messages will synch.

If you do not use iCloud for Messages, then do you have a backup file created on a computer from your old iPhone? If YES, then you can restore your new iPhone from that backup file to transfer all the data.

If you do not have a backup file created on a computer then you can use one of the methods listed below to transfer data from your old iPhone to your new iPhone:

Transfer Data from old iPhone to new-

Do you have a backup created either on iCloud or on your computer?

Method 1 - Backup your old iPhone on your computer like this ➔ How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support and then Restore your new iPhone from that backup like this ➔Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup - Apple Support

Method 2 - The Quick Start method and here is how to do that ➔  Use Quick Start to transfer data from your previous iOS device to your new iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Axel F.

Transfer all messages from iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.