Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud Photos on PC in lower resolution

I upgraded my phone recently to iPhone 13 and all of a sudden all my photos downloaded through iCloud to my PC are in much lower resolution that the original photos. I tried different setups on the phone, nothing helps. Does anybody know how to fix this problem?

Posted on Dec 19, 2021 1:06 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 20, 2021 1:37 PM

Hello MichaelB2019,

Thank you for the post. I am aware that I can get the photos in the original resolution from iCloud or directly from the phone. The beauty of ICloud transfer WAS that it is automatic. From what I can see the problem is not so much related to the actual resolution but rather to the file size. Last week I took some photos using zoom and they transferred to my PC with the right resolution but the file size was around 1 MB. All the other pictures transferred from my iPhone 13 are also more or less 1 MB in size. What is interesting that the pictures transferred from my iPhone 13 to my iPad are in the exact resolution as on the phone. Looks like for some reason transfer to PC is flawed.

I hope Apple with fix the bug soon and all will be the same as with my old phone. Apple please don't make me regret the purchase of my new phone, otherwise it works great.

Best regards,

Max Ostas

P.S. For some reason your post is marked as Solved, it is not.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 20, 2021 1:37 PM in response to MichaelB2019

Hello MichaelB2019,

Thank you for the post. I am aware that I can get the photos in the original resolution from iCloud or directly from the phone. The beauty of ICloud transfer WAS that it is automatic. From what I can see the problem is not so much related to the actual resolution but rather to the file size. Last week I took some photos using zoom and they transferred to my PC with the right resolution but the file size was around 1 MB. All the other pictures transferred from my iPhone 13 are also more or less 1 MB in size. What is interesting that the pictures transferred from my iPhone 13 to my iPad are in the exact resolution as on the phone. Looks like for some reason transfer to PC is flawed.

I hope Apple with fix the bug soon and all will be the same as with my old phone. Apple please don't make me regret the purchase of my new phone, otherwise it works great.

Best regards,

Max Ostas

P.S. For some reason your post is marked as Solved, it is not.

iCloud Photos on PC in lower resolution

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.