You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I am trying to retrieve my call logs from about 2 or 3 months ago — I did NOT delete them... My phone only holds about 3 weeks worth of calls. Is this possible?

I am trying to retrieve my call logs from about 2 or 3 months ago — I did NOT delete them... My phone only holds about 3 weeks worth of calls in "recent calls" — Is this possible?

iPhone XS Max

Posted on Dec 19, 2021 10:05 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 19, 2021 10:25 PM

"Recent calls" means approximately the last one hundred calls.

This, however, is the capacity of what is displayed. If you delete one recent call from the list another older call takes its place from those beyond the one hundred displayed.

Obviously the duration of time taken for one hundred calls differs between users.

If you want a list of calls beyond that you should contact your phone carrier. They are capable of providing your (outgoing) call list, though there may be a charge for this service.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 19, 2021 10:25 PM in response to SWEEN0201

"Recent calls" means approximately the last one hundred calls.

This, however, is the capacity of what is displayed. If you delete one recent call from the list another older call takes its place from those beyond the one hundred displayed.

Obviously the duration of time taken for one hundred calls differs between users.

If you want a list of calls beyond that you should contact your phone carrier. They are capable of providing your (outgoing) call list, though there may be a charge for this service.

Dec 20, 2021 2:12 AM in response to SWEEN0201

I'm not aware of any and just taking a quick look at it now there are no options to preserve them - other than to take a screen shot of the calls list. It's meant to be a dynamic data base to contact your callers not a record of your phone's behaviour so in that sense you're trying to extract from the list something it was not designed to do.

I am trying to retrieve my call logs from about 2 or 3 months ago — I did NOT delete them... My phone only holds about 3 weeks worth of calls. Is this possible?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.