Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I disconnect MacBook from deleted iCloud account?

My MacBook Pro and iMac were stolen from my house, I subsequently deleted my iCloud account and opened a new one. By a miracle both computers were returned to me but they weren’t disconnected from iCloud so they’re trying to connect to the deleted iCloud account - how do I resolve this?

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Dec 19, 2021 10:50 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 19, 2021 11:09 PM

SanDiegoRed Said:

"How do I disconnect MacBook from deleted iCloud account?: My MacBook Pro and iMac were stolen from my house, I subsequently deleted my iCloud account and opened a new one. By a miracle both computers were returned to me but they weren’t disconnected from iCloud so they’re trying to connect to the deleted iCloud account - how do I resolve this?"

-------

What to do:

A. Contact Apple Support:

Ask Apple Support if they can resolve this. If an option, you need to re-open the Account and then modify your credential immediately..

Note: Phone calls are taking a bit to go through at the moment, due to lots of calls. With the Coronavirus Pandemic, many are at home at the moment, with much time on their hands to contact Apple. So, just stay on the line, and you will get through :)

also...

B. Deauthorize All Option:

Once reactivated, try Deauthorize All. You can only Deauthorize All items once every 365 days. So, you may have to wait up to a year before you can perform this.  Go Here: Authorize or Deauthorize your Computer for iTunes Store purchases - Apple Support

also...

C. Modify your Credentials:

Reactivated or not having so much suspicion, consider modifying your credentials, ASAP, starting with a new password.

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 19, 2021 11:09 PM in response to SanDiegoRed

SanDiegoRed Said:

"How do I disconnect MacBook from deleted iCloud account?: My MacBook Pro and iMac were stolen from my house, I subsequently deleted my iCloud account and opened a new one. By a miracle both computers were returned to me but they weren’t disconnected from iCloud so they’re trying to connect to the deleted iCloud account - how do I resolve this?"

-------

What to do:

A. Contact Apple Support:

Ask Apple Support if they can resolve this. If an option, you need to re-open the Account and then modify your credential immediately..

Note: Phone calls are taking a bit to go through at the moment, due to lots of calls. With the Coronavirus Pandemic, many are at home at the moment, with much time on their hands to contact Apple. So, just stay on the line, and you will get through :)

also...

B. Deauthorize All Option:

Once reactivated, try Deauthorize All. You can only Deauthorize All items once every 365 days. So, you may have to wait up to a year before you can perform this.  Go Here: Authorize or Deauthorize your Computer for iTunes Store purchases - Apple Support

also...

C. Modify your Credentials:

Reactivated or not having so much suspicion, consider modifying your credentials, ASAP, starting with a new password.

Dec 22, 2021 8:39 PM in response to SanDiegoRed

SanDiegoRed Said:

"How do I disconnect MacBook from deleted iCloud account?:The account has been fully deleted so I’m unable to reopen the iCloud account. I haven’t contacted Apple directly about this yet. Is there another option? If I have the hard drive replaced will that work?"

-------

No. Replacing the hard drive will not work, because your Apple Account uses cloud storage(it is stored on Apple's servers --not your hard drive).

New eMail Address:

So, if Apple will not fix this, you next step would be to close your eMail address, and use a new one from here on out. Inform all those you know that you are now using a new eMail address and then modify your credentials on all other sites that you use. If the eMail account does not exist, then they will not get in. Also, disassociate this iPhone from your eMail Account.

Important: Be certain to back up mail from this eMail account you are about to close. Once backed up, import all the mail to the new account. You'd sign into both on Mal, and then perform this export/import process. Go Here: Import or export mailboxes in Mail on Mac - Apple Support

Dec 22, 2021 10:18 PM in response to TheLittles

The iCloud account was deleted in April, I have already switched to a new iCloud account. The problem is the Mac, MacBook, iPad, iPhone are all trying to connect to the deleted iCloud account. I can’t disconnect using traditional methods so need to know how to resolve this now that I have the equipment returned to me. If this can’t be fixed then I have a bunch of useless Apple equipment and that’s depressing.

Dec 22, 2021 10:30 PM in response to SanDiegoRed

SanDiegoRed Said:

"How do I disconnect MacBook from deleted iCloud account?: The computer it trying to connect to the deleted iCloud account, how do I stop it from wanting to connect to it?[…]

———

You Can’t:

Even if you erase the drive and reinstall the macOS anew, the Mac is going to be associated to the account. This is performed through the Serial Number. So, it will be useless to your Apple ID, until it is signed out of. So, ask to get it opened once more.

Dec 22, 2021 10:38 PM in response to SanDiegoRed

SanDiegoRed Said:

"How do I disconnect MacBook from deleted iCloud account?: […]If this can’t be fixed then I have a bunch of useless Apple equipment and that’s depressing.

———-

So is Apple not willing to open this back up?

The closure process of all of this is something you would have agreed to upon opening an account. So, ask Apple. That’s the best that can be done.

One thing that is an Option:

Use a Virtual Machine:

On this Mac, you could run Windows as a Virtual Machine(VM) for running Windows (Windows-in-a-window). You would assign it to its own Apple Account, and access your purchased items in it using iTunes and use Windows-only compatible software on it. All would be accessed and would operate as desired on the VMVirtual Machine applications include VMWare Fusion and ParallelsLearn more here: What Is a Virtual Machine? - VMWare Support

How do I disconnect MacBook from deleted iCloud account?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.