Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac Mail: Exchange Sync Problems

I have an iPhone, iPad, school MacBook Air, and a home MacBook Pro. I use the last one most for my Mac Mail, with my school's Exchange account. They all sync—work iMap-like—except for, now, my home MacBook Pro. (This began occurring before the update to Monterey, but all four are updated to the latest MacOS or iOS.) One piece of advice I've seen is to delete the Exchange account and start over—and I've done this on both my iPad & iPhone several times in the past. However, in the problem Mac's mail app, it says that deleting the account will delete it from all my "iCloud Keychain" computers. Huh? I had always assumed that each device was working with Exchange directly. And why could I delete the account (only) on my iPhone and iPad, then?! . . .

MacBook Pro with Touch Bar

Posted on Dec 20, 2021 4:13 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 21, 2021 1:33 PM

Hey there tgannon,

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities about this message you’re receiving regarding iCloud Keychain. The means any data associated with the Exchange in iCloud Keychain will be removed. Since iCloud Keychain syncs across your devices like other iCloud data, the info will be removed from all devices. You can read more about this here:

Use iCloud Keychain to keep information secure on Mac

Set up iCloud Keychain

If you turn off iCloud Keychain on a device, you're asked to keep or delete the passwords and credit card information that you saved. If you choose to keep the information, it isn't deleted or updated when you make changes on other devices. Then you could remove the Exchange account and add it back, then turn iCloud Keychain back on to sync the data.

Take care.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 21, 2021 1:33 PM in response to tgannon

Hey there tgannon,

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities about this message you’re receiving regarding iCloud Keychain. The means any data associated with the Exchange in iCloud Keychain will be removed. Since iCloud Keychain syncs across your devices like other iCloud data, the info will be removed from all devices. You can read more about this here:

Use iCloud Keychain to keep information secure on Mac

Set up iCloud Keychain

If you turn off iCloud Keychain on a device, you're asked to keep or delete the passwords and credit card information that you saved. If you choose to keep the information, it isn't deleted or updated when you make changes on other devices. Then you could remove the Exchange account and add it back, then turn iCloud Keychain back on to sync the data.

Take care.

Mac Mail: Exchange Sync Problems

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.