Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can’t download certain apps even though it said it’s free

I want to reinstall free apps like Grab or Wattpad but it requires password like I need to pay for it for billing. When I asked my friend to download it, they can but not me. How do I fix this?

iPhone 11, iOS 14

Posted on Dec 20, 2021 7:07 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 21, 2021 12:02 AM

If you can't make purchases or update apps, including free apps, you need to update your payment method or add a new one. If you already verified that a payment method is available in your country or region and you're still having trouble, learn more.

If you can't choose None as a payment method only if...

1. If you have an unpaid balance or payment due
  2. If you have a subscription that automatically renews
  3. If you're using the iTunes Store or App Store for the first time
  4. If you are not in the country or region you’re creating an Apple ID for
  5. If you changed your country or region
  6. If you're a part of Family Sharing

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 21, 2021 12:02 AM in response to sarah1310

If you can't make purchases or update apps, including free apps, you need to update your payment method or add a new one. If you already verified that a payment method is available in your country or region and you're still having trouble, learn more.

If you can't choose None as a payment method only if...

1. If you have an unpaid balance or payment due
  2. If you have a subscription that automatically renews
  3. If you're using the iTunes Store or App Store for the first time
  4. If you are not in the country or region you’re creating an Apple ID for
  5. If you changed your country or region
  6. If you're a part of Family Sharing

Dec 21, 2021 12:09 AM in response to sarah1310

sarah1310 Said:

"I can’t download certain apps even though it said it’s free: I want to reinstall free apps like Grab or Wattpad but it requires password like I need to pay for it for billing. When I asked my friend to download it, they can but not me. How do I fix this?"

-------

At Least One Method of Payment:

In-App Purchases:

You need at least one method of payment assigned to your device. This is because even though an app may be free, in-app purchases are an option. Use this Link: Change, Add, or Remove Apple ID Payment Methods - Apple Support.

Important: Use a computer to add this, as it would be more user-friendly doing do.

I can’t download certain apps even though it said it’s free

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.