Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Have followed the directions to get Use Home Sharing on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch exactly but Home sharing still doesn

Have followed all directions to get Home sharing to show on my Ipad music library, it's checked to show in the list of options to show, but it still doesn't show. I am signed in to my apple account on the ipad. On my PC in itunes I am signed in to my apple account, the itunes ap is open, and Home Sharing is enabled. My ipad is running the last version of 14 iOS available before 15.

I also have an ipod touch and this doesn't even provide the option to show Home Sharing, it

doesn't show in the list of options available either, to display Home Sharing when editing the Music Library options. It's running the latest of software as well and I am signed in to my apple account on this device as well.

My PC is connected by ethernet cable to the same gateway that supplies the AP for the wireless network. Scanning the network shows both devices connected to the same network.

I've run out of things to try, any help very much appreciate thank you.

iPad, iPadOS 14

Posted on Dec 20, 2021 7:34 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 22, 2021 1:27 AM

After some searching i found this tool. Tenorshare Tunescare.

https://www.tenorshare.com/itunes-tips/how-to-fix-the-home-sharing-does-not-work-error-in-itunes.html

After scanning it to ensure it was clean, I installed it. It did some updates, including drivers and itunes itself. It reported a port error and then fixed it. Then after restarting itunes, plugging in the ipad and turning Home sharing on, it presented no error and Home Sharing is showing in the ipad music Library as it I wanted it to.

Very happy with the tool that fixed it all and before Xmas as well!

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 22, 2021 1:27 AM in response to davgpo

After some searching i found this tool. Tenorshare Tunescare.

https://www.tenorshare.com/itunes-tips/how-to-fix-the-home-sharing-does-not-work-error-in-itunes.html

After scanning it to ensure it was clean, I installed it. It did some updates, including drivers and itunes itself. It reported a port error and then fixed it. Then after restarting itunes, plugging in the ipad and turning Home sharing on, it presented no error and Home Sharing is showing in the ipad music Library as it I wanted it to.

Very happy with the tool that fixed it all and before Xmas as well!

Dec 22, 2021 12:48 AM in response to turingtest2

Hi, Thanks for your reply.

I'm using W10 and it already has rules for all ports in both TCP and UDP. I created 2 new rules the same as the answer that work for the other user. iPad still doesn't display Home Share in it's music library despite it being selected to display.

Thought I'd turn Home Sharing off in itunes than turn it back on again and see if that made a difference. It did. I now get an error message saying "Home Sharing could not be activated because an error occurred (-2146893054). That wasn't present before so I deleted the two new rules i had made and rebooted the PC. Upon restarting itunes, I get the same error still.

I'm guessing Home Sharing isn't appearing in the ipad music library because it isn't working from itunes.

i have googled itunes home sharing error and i found this result. The original person hasn't replied so no idea of if anything contained solved the problem

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/5314569

I will keep working on it and hopefully find the solution! Maybe in time for Xmas!

Have followed the directions to get Use Home Sharing on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch exactly but Home sharing still doesn

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.