Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud ‘Unable to Upload’ album on iPhone.

I recently purchased 2T of iCloud storage to upload all of my photos & videos off my iPhone. I noticed recently that there is an album of about 7,000 items that are ‘unable to upload.’ Is there a way to correct this? There really isn’t any reason they shouldn’t be able to upload.

iPhone 11 Pro Max, iOS 15

Posted on Dec 20, 2021 11:14 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 1, 2022 2:24 PM

I have found that selecting all the pictures in question, tapping the Share button and selecting ‘Copy iCloud link’ seemed to trigger the upload to iCloud.

It worked for me and the Unable to upload album just disappeared, with all the pictures that were stuck now uploaded to iCloud.

11 replies

Dec 20, 2021 11:26 PM in response to bcausby

bcausby Said:

"Cloud ‘Unable to Upload’ album on iPhone. : I recently purchased 2T of iCloud storage to upload all of my photos & videos off my iPhone. I noticed recently that there is an album of about 7,000 items that are ‘unable to upload.’ Is there a way to correct this? There really isn’t any reason they shouldn’t be able to upload."

-------

Three Things to Try:

A. Start with a Restart:

Restart your iPhone, and see if it then is fixed.

B. New iCloud Session:

Try logging out of iCloud, and then logging back in.

C. Server Error:

There are intermittent reports of errors connecting to Apple's servers. So, try again later.

Dec 20, 2021 11:55 PM in response to bcausby

bcausby Said:

"Cloud ‘Unable to Upload’ album on iPhone. :

Q1. "How do you sign out of iCloud? Completely on my iPhone?"

A1.

1. Go to: Settings
  2. Tap: your name (top item)
  3. Tap: "Sign Out" (at very Botton)
  4. Restart: your iPhone (Settings > General > Restart)
  5. Go to: Settings
  6. Tap: the top item
  7. Login: using your credentials

Q2. "This ‘unable to upload’ album has been there for over a week & it was created after automatically so I’m not sure how I am to try again.’"

A2. this has been going on more well more than a couple of weeks.

iCloud ‘Unable to Upload’ album on iPhone.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.