Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sidecar - Ipad as second screen, problem with scaling

Hello, I have a problem with the "sidecar" function. When I want to use iPad as a second monitor, together with my iMac 27", the iPad doesn't scale the image properly and cuts off a part at the top and bottom of the screen, on top of that everything looks tiny. Previously this function worked perfectly, iPad displayed the image on its entire screen. Does anyone know what the problem could be, I am attaching pictures and screenshots of the settings. Thanks in advance.

iMac 27″, macOS 12.1

Posted on Dec 21, 2021 5:44 AM

1 reply

Dec 22, 2021 7:24 AM in response to janmasior

Hello janmasior,

We see that you need help with using your iPad as a second display for a Mac.

Since this began, have you tried to restart both devices? Restart your iPad & Shut down or restart your Mac

Are both devices up to date? Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch & Update macOS on Mac

Do both devices meet the system requirements shown here: Use an iPad as a second display for a Mac

If you can answer yes to all of those questions and the issue continues, Contact Official Apple Support.

Cheers!

Sidecar - Ipad as second screen, problem with scaling

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.