Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ask to buy requests - which device

For some reason all of the family sharing ask to buy requests are now going only to my laptop rather than my phone. Im not always around the computer. How do I get these back on my phone?

iPhone 11

Posted on Dec 21, 2021 7:06 AM

1 reply

Dec 22, 2021 7:44 AM in response to mkmurpson

Hi mkmurpson,

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. It sounds like you're having an issue with an Ask to Buy request only going to one device. We're happy to provide some information to assist.

You started from a great resource: If Ask to Buy isn't working, as the notifications do appear on your Mac we'd recommend a normal restart of your iPhone to test.

If needed, the article here has the steps: Restart your iPhone

If the issue continues, be sure you're signed into the App Store on your iPhone. Sign in with your Apple ID Next, disable and enable the option for Ask to Buy again to test. Approve what kids buy with Ask to Buy

We also recommend checking your Focus notification settings. Use Focus on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

If you continue to have an issue, reach out to Apple Support directly to further assist.

Contact Apple Support

Cheers!

Ask to buy requests - which device

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.