Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad as home hub does not work

I tried to set my iPad 4 (black) as the home hub in settings and so I did.

iPad acts like a home hub but I still can not control the home on my iPhone when I'm not connected to the wifi to which the smart devices are connected.

Both devices have the same Apple ID.

I can set up scenes and automations on the iPad but not on the iPhone.

I do not know what to do.

Thank you for answer

iPad (4th gen) Wi-Fi

Posted on Dec 21, 2021 10:46 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 21, 2021 10:59 AM

A Home Hub must be continuously connected to the WiFi network upon which your other devices are connected.

Whilst it is possible to configure an iPad to act as a Home Hub, a better choice for this function might be to use either an AppleTV or an Apple HomePod - these devices being continuously connected and powered.

Set up your HomePod, HomePod mini, Apple TV, or iPad as a home hub - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 21, 2021 10:59 AM in response to CzechAdam

A Home Hub must be continuously connected to the WiFi network upon which your other devices are connected.

Whilst it is possible to configure an iPad to act as a Home Hub, a better choice for this function might be to use either an AppleTV or an Apple HomePod - these devices being continuously connected and powered.

Set up your HomePod, HomePod mini, Apple TV, or iPad as a home hub - Apple Support

iPad as home hub does not work

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.