Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMac 24” 2021 M1 backlight glow / bleeding screen

Hello,

I purchased a new IMac 24" M1 and noticed white white glow on the top side and right up corner when watch movies in the dark or use other black content.

In real life it's not so critical. But as a graphic designer I see in the dark the little white glow ( "bleading") and it's little ******* me off that iMac has this "issue".

Also is strange that it has a magenta bleeding.

Overall I made a photos of screen on iPhone in the dark and this is what we see...

50% Brightness:

Nightmode exsosure 2sec:

Is it normal for Apple? What should I do in this case?

Thank you.

iMac 24″, macOS 11.6

Posted on Dec 21, 2021 11:39 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 21, 2021 1:32 PM

Not sure if you are aware or not so I will blurt it out. We are all end users just like you, Apple does not read or participate in these forums. Apple is simply our host. Your post read (at least to me) like you were attempting to address Apple.

If your computer is less than 14 days or less old you can return it for any reason. This assumes it was purchased directly from Apple. If you bought it from a reseller you need to deal with your reseller's sales policies.

Also, your computer is covered by a 1 year warranty, if you want to take it to your local Apple Authorized Service Provider they will look it over to see if there are any manufacturing defects. Also, if the computer is less than 60 days old and you have not purchased AppleCare I strongly suggest you do to protect your investment for a total of 3 years from the date of purchase.

To be honest, in the (almost) year the 24" M1 based iMacs have been on the market yours is the first post I have read mentioning any screen bleed issues so I suspect the issue is far from widespread.

Similar questions

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 21, 2021 1:32 PM in response to Gene-green

Not sure if you are aware or not so I will blurt it out. We are all end users just like you, Apple does not read or participate in these forums. Apple is simply our host. Your post read (at least to me) like you were attempting to address Apple.

If your computer is less than 14 days or less old you can return it for any reason. This assumes it was purchased directly from Apple. If you bought it from a reseller you need to deal with your reseller's sales policies.

Also, your computer is covered by a 1 year warranty, if you want to take it to your local Apple Authorized Service Provider they will look it over to see if there are any manufacturing defects. Also, if the computer is less than 60 days old and you have not purchased AppleCare I strongly suggest you do to protect your investment for a total of 3 years from the date of purchase.

To be honest, in the (almost) year the 24" M1 based iMacs have been on the market yours is the first post I have read mentioning any screen bleed issues so I suspect the issue is far from widespread.

iMac 24” 2021 M1 backlight glow / bleeding screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.