Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

updating my phone with a newer apple watch

I currently have an apple watch paired with my iphone. I want to know how to replace it with a newer apple watch without losing any data on my phone.

Apple Watch Series 7

Posted on Dec 21, 2021 1:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 21, 2021 2:11 PM

If you precisely follow the steps listed in the "Related Article," you will be able to restore the new watch from a backup of your old watch. When restore is selected, the new watch will have all of your previous data. Step # 4 specifically states:

"Set up as new or restore from a backup

If this is your first Apple Watch, tap Set Up as New Apple Watch. Otherwise, tap Restore from Backup. If asked, update your Apple Watch to the latest version of watchOS.

Your Apple Watch might require a software update before you can set it up. If your iPhone says that a software update is available, tap Update Now and wait for the update process to finish.

Read the Terms and Conditions and tap Agree, then tap Agree again to continue."

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 21, 2021 2:11 PM in response to grandmaretired

If you precisely follow the steps listed in the "Related Article," you will be able to restore the new watch from a backup of your old watch. When restore is selected, the new watch will have all of your previous data. Step # 4 specifically states:

"Set up as new or restore from a backup

If this is your first Apple Watch, tap Set Up as New Apple Watch. Otherwise, tap Restore from Backup. If asked, update your Apple Watch to the latest version of watchOS.

Your Apple Watch might require a software update before you can set it up. If your iPhone says that a software update is available, tap Update Now and wait for the update process to finish.

Read the Terms and Conditions and tap Agree, then tap Agree again to continue."

updating my phone with a newer apple watch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.