Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Need to reset disabled iPhone 6s

need to reset iphone 6s its disabled

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 6s

Posted on Dec 21, 2021 2:16 PM

5 replies

Dec 22, 2021 12:52 PM in response to Lawrence Finch

Hey there!

i've followed the guideline and everything went smoothly until the downloading the software part.. after 15 minutes the phone kicks out of recovery mode, but that guideline said if this happens allow the software to keep downloading and then i think it said to turn phone back on in recovery mode and continue from there, or something? anyways, my questions are:

1. how long can it take for itunes to find the software and then download it

2. how do i know if it's actually still downloading it?? when the phone kicks out of recovery, the itunes page changes ...

3.would a stronger wifi connection make this processes any faster? (stupid question, i know... just unsure if it takes a long time regardless)

Oh, btw, im trying with an iphone 6 .. serial number: Dn***5MG Model:A1549

Please someone help me, i dont know a single thing about iphones.. :(

[Personal Information Edited by Moderator]

Dec 22, 2021 3:12 PM in response to bianca420colorado

This was quite the process for me, but I got it to work. Sharing in case this helps anyone trying to restore an iPhone 6s on a Windows 11 PC.

Issue 1: When trying to restore my iPhone 6s via iTunes, I clicked "Restore" and iTunes told me I needed the latest version of iTunes to update to iOS 15.2. I checked for updates and iTunes told me that I had the current version (12.12.2). I checked online and this was not the current version.

Solution: Uninstalled iTunes and reinstalled through the Microsoft Store. The version installed by the Microsoft Store was 12.12.2.2 (the current version I found online). The fresh install allowed me to proceed with "Restore" and the download started.

Issue 2: During the download, my iPhone restarted back to the home/lock screen (but the download continued in iTunes). For me this was shown in the top right corner of the window. This was ~5GB download and took about 10 minutes to download (on a 1GB Wi-Fi connection).

Solution: I let the download continue and didn't touch the phone. When the download finished, I shut down the phone and restarted the process to get back into recovery in iTunes. The software was downloaded so I started the restore process again. Just speculating here, but I would imagine issues with the install after this point are not related to your internet connection since you already have the software downloaded.

Issue 3: iTunes began extracting the software and almost immediately I received error 4010 in iTunes. My phone got stuck in the update screen with the Apple logo and progress bar at 0%.

Solution: I left the phone plugged into my PC and restarted the PC. While my PC was restarting, the iPhone went back into recovery mode on its own. I relaunched iTunes and the iPhone was recognized right away. I once again clicked "Restore" and the process started again and completed without issue.

Finally... "Success, your iPhone has been unlocked." They didn't make it easy, but I can now use my iPhone 6s. Hope this helps.

Need to reset disabled iPhone 6s

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.