Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I remove my credit card from my daughters apple id account?

How do I remove my credit card from my daughters apple id account? She continues to charge games and other accessories and refuses to remove my credit card information. I would prefer to not report them as fraud or cancel the credit card. Can anything be done from apple's end to fix the issue?

iPhone 13

Posted on Dec 21, 2021 5:07 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 21, 2021 5:17 PM

If you have Family Sharing set up and you are the organizer, you can't remove your card. Have you tried turning on Ask to Buy on your daughter's account?

Family Sharing -  Ask to Buy.     

If you don't have Family Sharing set up, can you access her account to remove the credit card? What happens when you try to remove your credit card? Error message(s)?

If necessary, contact iTunes Support for assistance. See the Apple Support articles below for contact information.   

iTunes Support – world wide   -

Apple Support schedule phone call     -

Billings and Subscriptions   -

If necessary, try Twitter

https://twitter.com/AppleSupport.   - 

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 21, 2021 5:17 PM in response to MMcNamara7452

If you have Family Sharing set up and you are the organizer, you can't remove your card. Have you tried turning on Ask to Buy on your daughter's account?

Family Sharing -  Ask to Buy.     

If you don't have Family Sharing set up, can you access her account to remove the credit card? What happens when you try to remove your credit card? Error message(s)?

If necessary, contact iTunes Support for assistance. See the Apple Support articles below for contact information.   

iTunes Support – world wide   -

Apple Support schedule phone call     -

Billings and Subscriptions   -

If necessary, try Twitter

https://twitter.com/AppleSupport.   - 

How do I remove my credit card from my daughters apple id account?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.