Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Charging Apple SE watch

Can I use my old USB charging cable from my previous Apple watch instead of the USB-C that came with my new SE watch? The round magnetic charging connection/"station" is the same.

Apple Watch SE

Posted on Dec 21, 2021 8:00 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 21, 2021 8:05 PM

Yes, you can use an older Apple Watch's charging puck and cable. It will not give you fast charging, but it will charge the Series 7 the same as it did your previous Apple Watch.

Sometime in the future you may acquire for other purposes a USB-C charger, and use the Series 7 charging puck and cable.

You can also use any USB-C port on a personal computer, or a Macbook Pro's charging brick.

And any 3rd party USB-C charging brick. 20watts minimum if you want to use Fast Charging.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 21, 2021 8:05 PM in response to Nick_2021

Yes, you can use an older Apple Watch's charging puck and cable. It will not give you fast charging, but it will charge the Series 7 the same as it did your previous Apple Watch.

Sometime in the future you may acquire for other purposes a USB-C charger, and use the Series 7 charging puck and cable.

You can also use any USB-C port on a personal computer, or a Macbook Pro's charging brick.

And any 3rd party USB-C charging brick. 20watts minimum if you want to use Fast Charging.

Charging Apple SE watch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.