Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

We had photos going back until 2013 and all of a sudden the iCloud was connected to my phone I turned off my iCloud and all photos are deleted it’s not in the recently deleted so what do we do?

We had photos going back until 2013 and all of a sudden the iCloud was connected to my phone I turned off my iCloud and all photos are deleted it’s not in the recently deleted so what do we do?

iPad, iPadOS 14

Posted on Dec 21, 2021 9:35 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 21, 2021 9:47 PM

veronika31 Said:

"We had photos going back until 2013 and all of a sudden the iCloud was connected to my phone I turned off my iCloud and all photos are deleted it’s not in the recently deleted so what do we do?"

-------

Troubleshooting Lost Photos:

Were these Downloaded?:

If they were not downloaded to your iPhone, then that is why they are not showing up. So, log back in to iCloud, and then enable Photos in iCloud Settings:

Enabling iCloud Photos on an iPhone:

1. Go to: Settings
  2. Tap: Your Name (Top Item)
  3. Tap: iCloud
  4. Tap: Photos (so that it is green)

Other Things to Try:

A. Start here: If you're Missing Photos or Videos in the Photos app - Apple Support

B. Check iCloud, Directly:

Go here, and see if they reside in iCloudhttps://www.icloud.com/photos

C. Where Else to Check:

1. PC
  2. PDA
  3. eMail
  4. Mac Device
  5. Cloud Storage
  6. Android Phone
  7. USB Flash Drive
  8. External Hard drive
  9. Secure Digital Card
  10. Compact Flash Card

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 21, 2021 9:47 PM in response to veronika31

veronika31 Said:

"We had photos going back until 2013 and all of a sudden the iCloud was connected to my phone I turned off my iCloud and all photos are deleted it’s not in the recently deleted so what do we do?"

-------

Troubleshooting Lost Photos:

Were these Downloaded?:

If they were not downloaded to your iPhone, then that is why they are not showing up. So, log back in to iCloud, and then enable Photos in iCloud Settings:

Enabling iCloud Photos on an iPhone:

1. Go to: Settings
  2. Tap: Your Name (Top Item)
  3. Tap: iCloud
  4. Tap: Photos (so that it is green)

Other Things to Try:

A. Start here: If you're Missing Photos or Videos in the Photos app - Apple Support

B. Check iCloud, Directly:

Go here, and see if they reside in iCloudhttps://www.icloud.com/photos

C. Where Else to Check:

1. PC
  2. PDA
  3. eMail
  4. Mac Device
  5. Cloud Storage
  6. Android Phone
  7. USB Flash Drive
  8. External Hard drive
  9. Secure Digital Card
  10. Compact Flash Card

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.