Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AirPods playing music automatically

How can I stop my AirPods from playing music automatically. I use my AirPods w/ my Apple TV at night and if I pull them in or put them back in/on (either Pro’s or Max’s, have/tried them both) music will start automatically originating from both AppleTV and iPhone. I have multiple iPads, HomePods and AppleTVs as well as my iPhone in my apartment & I don’t want my headphones assuming that when I’m putting them in I want to hear music, I’d like the option to decide for myself. Especially at night when music isn’t what I want when trying to chill while falling asleep.

Posted on Dec 21, 2021 10:39 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 22, 2021 4:56 PM

Hi Stiggins,

Thanks for reaching out to us here. We understand you're running into some problems with your AirPods auto-switching between devices, and we'd like to help out. When you have a chance, check out "Turn off automatic switching" in the article below, and let us know if it helps.

Switch your AirPods to another device

If these steps don't resolve the issue, please let us know if the songs start playing from the Music app, or another media source.

Have a great day.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 22, 2021 4:56 PM in response to Stiggins

Hi Stiggins,

Thanks for reaching out to us here. We understand you're running into some problems with your AirPods auto-switching between devices, and we'd like to help out. When you have a chance, check out "Turn off automatic switching" in the article below, and let us know if it helps.

Switch your AirPods to another device

If these steps don't resolve the issue, please let us know if the songs start playing from the Music app, or another media source.

Have a great day.

AirPods playing music automatically

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.