Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is iphone 11 pro waterproof?

I read that it can be submerged into water for about 30 mins and not get broken. I did submerge it for few mins to take a picture in the water. Then the truedepth camera got disabled.

please help.

iPhone 11 Pro, iOS 14

Posted on Dec 22, 2021 12:00 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 22, 2021 12:23 AM

You just proved the point. No iphone has ever been waterproof. They are "water resistant" to a level which has been shown to pass IP68 in laboratory conditions, but not in reality. The water resistance is not permanent and not warranted, according to the small print.

The small print also says do not intentionally immerse.

99% of iPhone with that rating will survive a dip, 1% (my guess) may not.

see > Water and other liquid damage to iPhone or iPod isn't covered by warranty - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 22, 2021 12:23 AM in response to doaamostafa91

You just proved the point. No iphone has ever been waterproof. They are "water resistant" to a level which has been shown to pass IP68 in laboratory conditions, but not in reality. The water resistance is not permanent and not warranted, according to the small print.

The small print also says do not intentionally immerse.

99% of iPhone with that rating will survive a dip, 1% (my guess) may not.

see > Water and other liquid damage to iPhone or iPod isn't covered by warranty - Apple Support

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.