Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Had to wipe my apple watch series 3 to update it and now resetting up, but stuck on "signing in to your account"

It has been hours now. I erased my watch because it wouldn't take the newest update. I tried to set up as a new watch and reset up with back up, same result. My screen is getting stuck on "signing in to your account. This may take a few minutes. After 30+ minutes, i go back and unpair and start over. NOthing is working. Help!

Posted on Dec 22, 2021 12:20 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 22, 2021 1:32 PM

FWIW, a lot of people have problems updating a series 3 watch due to insufficient memory. in some cases, unpairing the watch, completely erasing it, and then updating and restoring the backup will allow you to update it.

Unpair and erase your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Another option (maybe even better, if possible) is to take to make an appointment at the Genius Bar in an Apple Store near you and let them update it.

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 22, 2021 1:32 PM in response to Amrempel9790

FWIW, a lot of people have problems updating a series 3 watch due to insufficient memory. in some cases, unpairing the watch, completely erasing it, and then updating and restoring the backup will allow you to update it.

Unpair and erase your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Another option (maybe even better, if possible) is to take to make an appointment at the Genius Bar in an Apple Store near you and let them update it.

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

Had to wipe my apple watch series 3 to update it and now resetting up, but stuck on "signing in to your account"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.