Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Crackling sound on iphone SE

I bought a new iphone SE for my mother recently. A few weeks later, my mother report to me, that everytime she used the iphone to make a call the audio quality was marred with static and a craclling sound. I could hear the static and crackling when she called me to report this to me. This brand new iphone, barely a month old so I think she has a defective iphone SE.

iPhone SE

Posted on Dec 22, 2021 1:27 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 22, 2021 1:33 PM

Hi, if your iPhone was bought 1 month ago it should be covered under warranty. However, before you take it to the apple store try a force restart and see if that helps:

Force restart an iPhone with Face ID

Press and quickly release the volume up button, press and quickly release the volume down button, then press and hold the side button. When the Apple logo appears, release the button.

Good luck

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 22, 2021 1:33 PM in response to poohead9

Hi, if your iPhone was bought 1 month ago it should be covered under warranty. However, before you take it to the apple store try a force restart and see if that helps:

Force restart an iPhone with Face ID

Press and quickly release the volume up button, press and quickly release the volume down button, then press and hold the side button. When the Apple logo appears, release the button.

Good luck

Crackling sound on iphone SE

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.