Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When I ping my phone from my watch will I receive an email telling me that a sound has been played on my iphone or is that email only sent when you use find my iphone?

When I ping my phone from my watch will I receive an email telling me that a sound has been played on my iphone or is that email only sent when you use find my iphone? Any help will be appreciated. Thanks!

iPhone XR, iOS 15

Posted on Dec 22, 2021 3:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 22, 2021 3:17 PM

If you ping your iPhone from your Apple Watch, there will be no associated email announcing that fact.

If you use iCloud.com, or "Find My" to "Play a Sound," the ring is persistent, and loud, compared to the single tone produced when using the Apple Watch ping sound. You will also receive an email when using that feature.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 22, 2021 3:17 PM in response to jacey2

If you ping your iPhone from your Apple Watch, there will be no associated email announcing that fact.

If you use iCloud.com, or "Find My" to "Play a Sound," the ring is persistent, and loud, compared to the single tone produced when using the Apple Watch ping sound. You will also receive an email when using that feature.

When I ping my phone from my watch will I receive an email telling me that a sound has been played on my iphone or is that email only sent when you use find my iphone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.