Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Change from Wpa to wpa2

How do I Change from Wpa to wpa2

iPhone 7, iOS 14

Posted on Dec 22, 2021 4:00 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 22, 2021 4:45 PM

Change the setting on your router. How you do that varies by router. If you don't have instructions for your router, do an internet search for them for your router brand/model or if your router is supplied by your internet service provider, see their website or contact their customer support.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 22, 2021 4:45 PM in response to minxxsz

Change the setting on your router. How you do that varies by router. If you don't have instructions for your router, do an internet search for them for your router brand/model or if your router is supplied by your internet service provider, see their website or contact their customer support.

Dec 22, 2021 5:06 PM in response to minxxsz

minxxsz Said:

"Change from Wpa to wpa2: How do I Change from Wpa to wpa2"

-------

WPA Encryption Protocols:

If WPA or WPA2 is the encryption protocol you are using, then you are insecure. As a result, use WPA3 have to either reconfigure the router's settings to be using WPA3, or upgrade to a new router that supports WPA3. Older devices may not support WPA3. So, your router would have to have WPA2/WPA3 open for use.

Dec 22, 2021 5:13 PM in response to TheLittles

TheLittles wrote:

minxxsz Said:
"Change from Wpa to wpa2: How do I Change from Wpa to wpa2"
-------

WPA Encryption Protocols:
If WPA or WPA2 is the encryption protocol you are using, then you are insecure. As a result, use WPA3 have to either reconfigure the router's settings to be using WPA3, or upgrade to a new router that supports WPA3. Older devices may not support WPA3. So, your router would have to have WPA2/WPA3 open for use.

That is a bit misleading. WPA2(AES), WPA2-PSK(AES) and WPA2-Personal are perfectly secure. WPA2(TKIP) is not as secure and will result in a security warning. And choosing WPA3 only is not a good idea, because it is incompatible with devices more that a few years old (such as security devices and wireless printers).

Change from Wpa to wpa2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.