Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Newsroom Update

Apple and Major League Baseball announce July “Friday Night Baseball” schedule. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV 4k "video stutter"

Is there a fix for the stuttering stream issue for the Apple TV 4K?

Posted on Dec 22, 2021 5:58 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 22, 2021 6:48 PM

Verify that you have adequate speed from your internet provider and adequate bandwidth in your wi-fi network.

Read Turn on Match Dynamic Range or Match Frame Rate on your Apple TV. This sometimes accounts for a judder in the video.

2 replies

Dec 23, 2021 4:32 AM in response to David McKinlay

Thank you. I have 1 Gigabit fiber internet. The apple TV is hardwired via MoCA (ethernet over cable). All devices (router, switches, MoCA adapters are rated 1 Gigabit. Cables are rated Cat 5e or better for 1 Gigabit bandwidth.

I tested speed this morning and got: Ping 17ms, 878.02Mbps Down & 513.37Mbps Up. Should be adequate for a media player even if we have other demands of our network.

I will test the setting you suggest. Thanks again.

Apple TV 4k "video stutter"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.