Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What happens if not all my data carries over?

What do I do if transferring data from one iPhone to another, not all the data is transferred?

iPhone 13 Pro Max, iOS 15

Posted on Dec 22, 2021 6:36 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 23, 2021 12:05 AM

1. Apps & Settings --> In any way they have to be redownloaded using the App Store. Even you had used any of the 3 processes mentioned earlier. Apart from the Apps following will also not get transferred.
    1. Content from the iTunes and App Stores or PDFs downloaded directly to Apple Books
    2. Content synced from iTunes, like imported MP3s or CDs, videos, books, and photos
    3. Data already stored in iCloud, like iCloud Photos, iMessages, and text (SMS) and multimedia (MMS) messages
    4. Face ID or Touch ID settings
    5. Apple Pay information and settings
    6. Apple Mail data
    7. Apple Music

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 23, 2021 12:05 AM in response to Apple_User-Chloe18

1. Apps & Settings --> In any way they have to be redownloaded using the App Store. Even you had used any of the 3 processes mentioned earlier. Apart from the Apps following will also not get transferred.
    1. Content from the iTunes and App Stores or PDFs downloaded directly to Apple Books
    2. Content synced from iTunes, like imported MP3s or CDs, videos, books, and photos
    3. Data already stored in iCloud, like iCloud Photos, iMessages, and text (SMS) and multimedia (MMS) messages
    4. Face ID or Touch ID settings
    5. Apple Pay information and settings
    6. Apple Mail data
    7. Apple Music

What happens if not all my data carries over?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.