Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Removing split screen feature on ipad

How to Remove split screen feature on ipad?

iPad Pro 11-inch Wi-Fi, Cellular

Posted on Dec 22, 2021 9:14 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 28, 2022 9:14 PM

I am visually impaired with limited hand eye coordination and absolutely hate the multitasking split screen feature. I am constantly splitting the screen when I don' t intend to or want to. There is no good reason for it to be impossible to disable this feature and I hope the next IOS update corrects this impediment.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 28, 2022 9:14 PM in response to Linton E

I am visually impaired with limited hand eye coordination and absolutely hate the multitasking split screen feature. I am constantly splitting the screen when I don' t intend to or want to. There is no good reason for it to be impossible to disable this feature and I hope the next IOS update corrects this impediment.

Dec 22, 2021 9:39 PM in response to Linton E

The feature itself is part of the iPadOS. I believe that you meant how to get apps out of the split screen on your iPad Pro. Is that correct? When you are in split screen mode with two apps then grab the center joint bar (between both apps) and push it all the way to one of the sides and that your cancel split screen between those two apps.

Axel F.

Jan 14, 2022 10:16 AM in response to Axel Foley

No, your answer is not correct. In IOS 14 you could disable split screens. For some unknown reason they took this ability away in IOS 15. I and others would like the ability to disable split screens brought back. It is a pain to be reading or surfing the net and all of a sudden you are looking at two screens. On iPhones and some iPads the screens are too small for this feature to be useful.

Removing split screen feature on ipad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.