Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

External Monitors are fuzzy and blurry

I have a brand new Mac mini that I have only had set up for about 5 days. I have not been able to get the display to sharpen up. The software is up to date, I have replaced the HDMI cords for USB-c to DisplayPort cords but the screen is still blurry and light colors are nearly impossible to see. I really hope that all the rumors about Apple's removal of the Antiliasing isnt the one to blame for this. I didn't buy this computer to have crappy graphics or to have to buy $900+ Monitors. Any help would be greatly appreciated. For reference the monitors I'm using are MSI G273 and G271 gaming monitors they are 1920x1080p.

Mac mini 2018 or later

Posted on Dec 22, 2021 10:07 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 23, 2021 7:23 AM

While 27" 1920x1080 displays are OK for gaming and videos, a higher resolution 27" display would better for text and finer detailed work.

A couple of things to check are,

1) the Mac Mini's resolution settings > https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201177

2) System Preferences > Accessibility > Display > check "Reduce Transparency" and set "Display contrast: to Normal

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 23, 2021 7:23 AM in response to ztarnold95

While 27" 1920x1080 displays are OK for gaming and videos, a higher resolution 27" display would better for text and finer detailed work.

A couple of things to check are,

1) the Mac Mini's resolution settings > https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201177

2) System Preferences > Accessibility > Display > check "Reduce Transparency" and set "Display contrast: to Normal

External Monitors are fuzzy and blurry

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.