Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Location services for certain apps

Using the latest iPhone model on the latest software but experiencing the most frustrating bug . The phone will pick and choose which apps to prompt location services on by pop up. On Bolt and Google maps the apps will instruct me to go to the app settings in general and toggle location on over there under the app settings . The location setting is not even there . Writing this after reading a similar complaint that said 50+ people experienced it ?

iPhone 13 Pro, iOS 15

Posted on Dec 22, 2021 9:23 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 22, 2021 9:29 PM

I believe it's up to the app developer(s) to make sure they request and utilize location stuff properly. The iPhone does not 'pick and choose' what to show.

If the Location isn't in the app settings, or in Settings > Privacy > Location Services, then contact the app developer.. or maybe try deleting and reinstalling the app.

Or if you're using Screen Time, try turning that off?

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 22, 2021 9:29 PM in response to aimanapple

I believe it's up to the app developer(s) to make sure they request and utilize location stuff properly. The iPhone does not 'pick and choose' what to show.

If the Location isn't in the app settings, or in Settings > Privacy > Location Services, then contact the app developer.. or maybe try deleting and reinstalling the app.

Or if you're using Screen Time, try turning that off?

Location services for certain apps

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.