Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why I need to wait to recovery my Apple ID

Why I need long time to wait to just recover my apple ID password etc, plus I already given all the detail need? Call the support call also don't help! I wish Apple can makes my life more easy but end up waiting for 13 days for all of this, please understand, I am paying customer that how to treat your customer. I am so angry on how the support staff dont even try to help out...pls take noted only said Sorry!

Posted on Dec 22, 2021 11:50 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 23, 2021 12:30 AM

Hi,

Sorry to hear you are having issues with regaining access to your Apple ID.

When account recovery is created for an Apple ID, the timeframe provided to regain access (the 13 days) is calculated based on what information the user has been able to provide when setting the recovery up. This includes the six-digit verification code sent to the trusted phone number and Apple ID email, access to any trusted devices, and sometimes by confirming the primary card on file with your Apple ID.

If you are unable to verify any of your own account details as referenced above, it would be considered expected behavior to have an extended timeframe to wait to regain access to your Apple ID. Apple does not have the ability to expedite the recovery process, nor are they able to assist with resetting the Apple ID account information for users.

Below I have listed some helpful information on regaining access to your Apple ID prior to setting up account recovery, in the hopes that this will help out in the future should you ever need to regain access to your Apple ID again:

• Signed in with iCloud Settings: If you are signed into iCloud Settings already on that device, or another device, and the devices have a passcode enabled on them, you can reset your Apple ID password via your Settings. 

Settings > Name > Password & Security > Change Password 

Note: If you click on your Settings > Name area and it prompts you to enter your Apple ID password, you are not signed into iCloud Settings and cannot use this option. 

Change your Apple ID password 

• Not Signed into iCloud Settings, & same Trusted Phone Number: If you are not currently signed into your iCloud Settings, but you have the same Trusted Phone Number, you can use the Support app to reset your Apple ID password. You can get a friend or family member to download the Support app on their device. You will then reset your password by confirming a six digit verification code sent to the trusted phone number. 

Support app > Topics > Passwords & Security > Reset Apple ID password > Get Started > select A Different Apple ID > enter your Apple ID email. 

Download the Support app - https://apps.apple.com/us/app/apple-support/id1130498044

• Not Signed into iCloud Settings, & Different Trusted Phone Number: If you are not currently signed into your iCloud Settings, you no longer have access to your trusted phone number or you have recently changed your number, you will need to set up account recovery in order to regain access to your Apple ID. This can be done online at iforgot.apple.com by entering your Apple ID to get started. In order to start account recovery, you must be able to confirm the trusted phone number currently associated to the account, even if you no longer have that number. If you cannot confirm the number, you cannot set up account recovery to regain access to your Apple ID. 

iforgot.apple.com > enter Apple ID email > confirm trusted phone number > when verification code is sent, select ‘Can’t Use this Number or Don’t have Access to this Number > enter your new trusted phone number, as well as the verification code sent to it. You can complete the recovery from here.

• Not Signed into iCloud Settings, Different Trusted Phone Number, & Can’t Confirm the Original Phone Number:  You will not be able to regain access to this Apple ID. I would suggest creating a new Apple ID, or attempting to confirm the trusted phone number to set up account recovery. 

How to use account recovery when you can’t reset your Apple ID password

Once you regain access to your Apple ID, I would recommend adding an Account Recovery Contact. This can be beneficial if going through the recovery process, because the person you choose as a Recovery Contact will be able to assist you with regaining access to your Apple ID faster.

Set up an account recovery contact

Help a friend or family member as their account recovery contact

Hope this helps.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 23, 2021 12:30 AM in response to Abhamed5499

Hi,

Sorry to hear you are having issues with regaining access to your Apple ID.

When account recovery is created for an Apple ID, the timeframe provided to regain access (the 13 days) is calculated based on what information the user has been able to provide when setting the recovery up. This includes the six-digit verification code sent to the trusted phone number and Apple ID email, access to any trusted devices, and sometimes by confirming the primary card on file with your Apple ID.

If you are unable to verify any of your own account details as referenced above, it would be considered expected behavior to have an extended timeframe to wait to regain access to your Apple ID. Apple does not have the ability to expedite the recovery process, nor are they able to assist with resetting the Apple ID account information for users.

Below I have listed some helpful information on regaining access to your Apple ID prior to setting up account recovery, in the hopes that this will help out in the future should you ever need to regain access to your Apple ID again:

• Signed in with iCloud Settings: If you are signed into iCloud Settings already on that device, or another device, and the devices have a passcode enabled on them, you can reset your Apple ID password via your Settings. 

Settings > Name > Password & Security > Change Password 

Note: If you click on your Settings > Name area and it prompts you to enter your Apple ID password, you are not signed into iCloud Settings and cannot use this option. 

Change your Apple ID password 

• Not Signed into iCloud Settings, & same Trusted Phone Number: If you are not currently signed into your iCloud Settings, but you have the same Trusted Phone Number, you can use the Support app to reset your Apple ID password. You can get a friend or family member to download the Support app on their device. You will then reset your password by confirming a six digit verification code sent to the trusted phone number. 

Support app > Topics > Passwords & Security > Reset Apple ID password > Get Started > select A Different Apple ID > enter your Apple ID email. 

Download the Support app - https://apps.apple.com/us/app/apple-support/id1130498044

• Not Signed into iCloud Settings, & Different Trusted Phone Number: If you are not currently signed into your iCloud Settings, you no longer have access to your trusted phone number or you have recently changed your number, you will need to set up account recovery in order to regain access to your Apple ID. This can be done online at iforgot.apple.com by entering your Apple ID to get started. In order to start account recovery, you must be able to confirm the trusted phone number currently associated to the account, even if you no longer have that number. If you cannot confirm the number, you cannot set up account recovery to regain access to your Apple ID. 

iforgot.apple.com > enter Apple ID email > confirm trusted phone number > when verification code is sent, select ‘Can’t Use this Number or Don’t have Access to this Number > enter your new trusted phone number, as well as the verification code sent to it. You can complete the recovery from here.

• Not Signed into iCloud Settings, Different Trusted Phone Number, & Can’t Confirm the Original Phone Number:  You will not be able to regain access to this Apple ID. I would suggest creating a new Apple ID, or attempting to confirm the trusted phone number to set up account recovery. 

How to use account recovery when you can’t reset your Apple ID password

Once you regain access to your Apple ID, I would recommend adding an Account Recovery Contact. This can be beneficial if going through the recovery process, because the person you choose as a Recovery Contact will be able to assist you with regaining access to your Apple ID faster.

Set up an account recovery contact

Help a friend or family member as their account recovery contact

Hope this helps.

Dec 23, 2021 6:54 AM in response to Abhamed5499

Hello Abhamed5499,

It sounds like you have started the process of account recovery so we can head straight to the key points you mention. Apple explains the process of account recovery in this document --> How to use account recovery when you can’t reset your Apple ID password - Apple Support

It includes talking about the time taken and how to modify this time if you can provide certain information: "In some cases, you might be able to speed up the account recovery process or reset your password immediately by verifying a six-digit code sent to your primary email address. You might also be able to shorten the wait time by providing credit-card details to confirm your identity. If you’re given this option, an authorization request goes to the card issuer.*"

Why I need to wait to recovery my Apple ID

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.