Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

There is a problem with my iphone

This iphone cannot be activated for service.please contact your service provider or applecare

Posted on Dec 23, 2021 11:29 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 23, 2021 12:21 PM

No it's not the sim I am trying to activate it and that is what I get anytime I try

9 replies

Dec 23, 2021 1:26 PM in response to mz291

Each Apple device is linked/associated with an Apple ID of the person who did the setup.

Activation Lock prevents anyone who is not the owner from using this iPhone.

To unlock this Phone, you need the Apple ID and password that were used during set up.

You wil need to contact the previous owner to have them remove this device from their account.

If you were given this device or purchased it secondhand, you wil need to contact the previous  owner to have them remove this device from their account.

If you bought second-hand, send the iPhone return to the seller & ask your money back.

Buying a second-hand device is not without risk, unless you buy from an Apple Store or an Apple Authorized Reseller in your region or a reliable store.

Apple cannot help you.

You cannot use the iPhone.

Dec 25, 2021 10:38 AM in response to mz291

What reseller?

When?

That's not an activation lock message. That's the kind of message you get when it's been blacklisted by a carrier or completely blocked in Apple's system because it was stolen from Apple Stock.

That is exactly what I would expect to see if you bought one of the devices that were stolen in one of the many smash and grab robberies that have been in the news recently.

There is a problem with my iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.