Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Back up question to husband's cloud account

I am going to get a new phone today with someone coming to do the set up from Apple. I need to back up my old phone and want to use my husband's extra Cloud storage. Can I back up my phone on someone else's Cloud storage?

Posted on Dec 23, 2021 2:06 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 23, 2021 3:01 PM

If you share iCloud Storage, you can backup your phone to your own Apple ID. You can also sync Photos and other data (e.g., Set up and use iCloud Photos - Apple Support ). With shared storage you continue to do everything the same way that you would if you had your own larger storage plan (i.e., use your own Apple ID as usual). Also see: Share iCloud+ with your family - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 23, 2021 3:01 PM in response to Sandy1999

If you share iCloud Storage, you can backup your phone to your own Apple ID. You can also sync Photos and other data (e.g., Set up and use iCloud Photos - Apple Support ). With shared storage you continue to do everything the same way that you would if you had your own larger storage plan (i.e., use your own Apple ID as usual). Also see: Share iCloud+ with your family - Apple Support

Back up question to husband's cloud account

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.