Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I use my outdated iMac 27" Intel 2010 as a second monitor on my new iMac 24" M1?

Can I use my outdated iMac 27" Intel 2010 as a second monitor on my new iMac 24" M1?

Posted on Dec 23, 2021 3:02 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 23, 2021 4:11 PM

No, if your new 24" iMac needs an external display you must purchase an external display. You can read up on Target Display Mode if you want but the bottom line is nope you cannot use your 2010 as an external display with your 24 M1 based iMac.

Oh and if you are wondering if there are any work arounds the answer is nope again.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 23, 2021 4:11 PM in response to Busterfull

No, if your new 24" iMac needs an external display you must purchase an external display. You can read up on Target Display Mode if you want but the bottom line is nope you cannot use your 2010 as an external display with your 24 M1 based iMac.

Oh and if you are wondering if there are any work arounds the answer is nope again.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.