Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mirroring iPhone to MacBook Pros using AirPlay

I have two MBPs, a 2014 that is up to date with Big Sur and a 2021 Max with Monterey and an iPhone 8 up to date. When trying to mirror the phone using Airplay, I can see the 2021 device (and other nearby AirPlay enabled devices) but not the older MacBook. I seem to recall being able to mirror the phone to the older device using AirPlay in the past. Everything I read suggests that I should still be able to do it but it's not working.

Thoughts?

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 11.6

Posted on Dec 23, 2021 3:59 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 23, 2021 5:08 PM

Here you may Find out which macOS versions and Mac models are compatible with AirPlay to Mac

2 replies

Dec 24, 2021 1:49 AM in response to SravanKrA

Well, this seems to be the answer. Seems odd that Apple would remove a feature that was working well and that Big Sur is completely out of the picture. The laptop can still mirror to Apple TV so the mirroring function works but just not with my iPhone. Thanks for finding and sharing this. It didn't come up when I was searching for answers (clearly not asking the right question).

Mirroring iPhone to MacBook Pros using AirPlay

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.