Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my mac isn't showing that it needs to update and i need it to be updated to 10.15

I am trying to update my mac to 10.15 but it is showing that my updates are current. My system is currently at 10.13.6 and I cannot install Microsoft office without having the 10.15 update.

iMac 21.5″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Dec 23, 2021 4:16 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 23, 2021 4:21 PM

Back up your data, check your applications for compatibility, and if your iMac is a 2012 or newer model, click on Catalina; it's a full-version upgrade and won't appear in the Updates list. Alternatively, use a product such as LibreOffice instead.

(210447)

2 replies

Dec 23, 2021 4:28 PM in response to tcsmc130

tcsmc130 Said:

"my mac isn't showing that it needs to update and i need it to be updated to 10.15: I am trying to update my mac to 10.15 but it is showing that my updates are current. My system is currently at 10.13.6 and I cannot install Microsoft office without having the 10.15 update."

-------

Determining which Update(s) will Install:

I. Verify Compatibility:

A. Start Here: Learn About Compatibility and how to Identify your Specific Mac Model - Apple Support

B. How to Verify:

I. Reveal your Model:

What is the Model of your Mac? To find out...

1. Go to: Apple menu
  2. Click: About this Mac
  3. View: Second Line-Down

then...

II. Compare the Results:

See if the Model you found is shown here:

III. If Compatible:

Back Up your Mac First:  Be certain you Create a Time Machine Backup of your Mac, so that way you can have something to restore your Mac from, should anything go wrong with the reconfiguration.

my mac isn't showing that it needs to update and i need it to be updated to 10.15

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.