You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why won’t it let me connect my Apple Watch to my phone

My Apple Watch won’t connect to my phone and when it was it showed on my watch that the phone wasn’t paired

Apple Watch Series 3, watchOS 8

Posted on Dec 23, 2021 5:56 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 23, 2021 7:40 PM

Perhaps this article will help;

If your Apple Watch isn't connected or paired with your iPhone - Apple Support

FWIW, a lot of people have problems updating a series 3 watch due to insufficient memory. You might try unpairing and pairing your watch again and restoring from the backup just created in the unpairing process. This deletes all temp and corrupted files and re-indexes the file system. This should result in no loss of data and in some cases can free a lot of storage.

Unpair and erase your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Set up your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Also see:

If you don’t have enough space to update your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Your best option may be to make an appointment at the Genius Bar in an Apple Store near you and let them look at it:

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 23, 2021 7:40 PM in response to Sheesh1214

Perhaps this article will help;

If your Apple Watch isn't connected or paired with your iPhone - Apple Support

FWIW, a lot of people have problems updating a series 3 watch due to insufficient memory. You might try unpairing and pairing your watch again and restoring from the backup just created in the unpairing process. This deletes all temp and corrupted files and re-indexes the file system. This should result in no loss of data and in some cases can free a lot of storage.

Unpair and erase your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Set up your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Also see:

If you don’t have enough space to update your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Your best option may be to make an appointment at the Genius Bar in an Apple Store near you and let them look at it:

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

Why won’t it let me connect my Apple Watch to my phone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.