Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I redeem the 3 months free Apple TV+ offer?

I just bought an iPhone 13 Pro and want to redeem my 3 months free Apple TV+ offer.

But when I open the TV app on my Apple TV and switch to the TV+ tab the only offer I see is for a 7 day trial.

I’ve never used TV+ before and nobody in my family has either. I updated the Apple TV to the latest OS.

So how do I redeem my 3 months free offer?

Apple TV

Posted on Dec 23, 2021 7:43 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 24, 2021 2:19 AM

I just bought an iPhone 13 Pro and want to redeem

When did you buy it? The offer has to be redeemed within the first 90 days.

Did you buy it from Apple or from an Apple Authorized Reseller? Other sellers do not qualify.

The offer is for the first user of the device. If it has been activated for some other account before, then the device is no longer eligible.

Read here how to redeem: Apple TV+ offer - Apple

Read here about the conditions: Apple TV+ offer - Terms and conditions - Apple

Read here if you have trouble redeeming: If you can't redeem your promotion for an Apple subscription - Apple Support

↳ Step 5 says to contact Apple if the other steps didn’t solve it for you.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 24, 2021 2:19 AM in response to Ftg24

I just bought an iPhone 13 Pro and want to redeem

When did you buy it? The offer has to be redeemed within the first 90 days.

Did you buy it from Apple or from an Apple Authorized Reseller? Other sellers do not qualify.

The offer is for the first user of the device. If it has been activated for some other account before, then the device is no longer eligible.

Read here how to redeem: Apple TV+ offer - Apple

Read here about the conditions: Apple TV+ offer - Terms and conditions - Apple

Read here if you have trouble redeeming: If you can't redeem your promotion for an Apple subscription - Apple Support

↳ Step 5 says to contact Apple if the other steps didn’t solve it for you.

Jan 7, 2022 4:12 PM in response to Urquhart1244

I finally had time to contact Apple support and was on the phone for an hour to resolve this. They could see in their system that I was eligible for the offer, but it took a while to figure out what was going on. Apparently there's an issue with properly redeeming the 3 months trial when family sharing is turned on. I had to turn family sharing off temporarily to redeem the offer. After the offer was redeemed I turned family sharing back on.

How do I redeem the 3 months free Apple TV+ offer?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.