Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is there a way to turn off auto-scroll to top feature?

Is there any way to disable the auto-scroll to top feature?

It is frustrating when you’ve scrolled through a large amount of text, and accidentally brush the top corner of the screen with your finger, only to be brought up to the top of the screen, with no way to return to your last position without scrolling through it all again.

This can happen when you set your phone down, only to pick it up again and find you’ve been brought back to the top - not exactly helpful.

I know I’m not alone in asking for a way to disable this. If you look in the comments section of any how-to video explaining this feature, almost all commenters are requesting (screaming) for a way to toggle this feature off.

It would be nice to have the option to toggle it back on (if for some reason it’s needed).

I’m sure many people on these forums have many other “asks” that need addressing, and this may be considered low priority - but think of the cumulative time fixing this problem would add back into the world… maybe someday, with this “feature” fixed, the lost time could be used to solve world hunger. Imagine.

🙏🏼

iPhone 12, iOS 15

Posted on Dec 23, 2021 7:58 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 23, 2021 8:02 PM

Well written post. I can see why and what you are asking for. To ensure that Apple receives your product feedback, please leave feedback here  ➔ Product Feedback - Apple 

Axel F.

1 reply

Is there a way to turn off auto-scroll to top feature?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.