Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Separate User Account For School (College)

Hey! I want to try out having a separate user account for school. I want to have one regular user and one I can just have things for school. However, when I create a new user, I have to log in with an apple ID. I cannot personalize my "School" user without it changing my contact card or photo on my contact, etc. Do I have to make an additional Apple ID for my school profile or what? I'm losing my mind people! Help!

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 12.0

Posted on Dec 23, 2021 7:40 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 23, 2021 8:27 PM

It's not a good practice to have more than one Apple ID. Everything you do is tied to your Apple ID and accounts cannot be merged in the future. You can certainly create two but just know that each will really be separate and might cause headaches in managing down the line.

1 reply

Separate User Account For School (College)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.