Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Any workaround to use a Canon IPF6100 with Mac OS 12 Monterey?

Any work around to use a Canon IPF6100 with Mac OS 12 Monterey?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Dec 24, 2021 8:23 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 24, 2021 10:57 AM

The latest drivers I see at Canon are for Big Sur.

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/details/printers/support-imageprograf-printers/imageprograf-ipf6100/imageprograf-ipf6100?tab=drivers_downloads

If the macOS 11 Big Sur drivers do not work, then contact Canon Support to see if they have a solution for macOS Monterey 12.

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 24, 2021 10:57 AM in response to Ette321

The latest drivers I see at Canon are for Big Sur.

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/details/printers/support-imageprograf-printers/imageprograf-ipf6100/imageprograf-ipf6100?tab=drivers_downloads

If the macOS 11 Big Sur drivers do not work, then contact Canon Support to see if they have a solution for macOS Monterey 12.

Dec 24, 2021 1:25 PM in response to Ette321

There maybe two other possibilities. If your printer came with the Air Print feature, the will work. It requires no printer software, but is usually provided only on newer printers. The second option is to check out the respected web site below where volunteers write free drivers for older printers which are no longer supported, but which work with newer operating systems. It is worth checking out. Good luck.

Gutenprint Supported Printers

Dec 24, 2021 2:42 PM in response to Ette321

Ette321 wrote:

Thank you for the link, but the highest macOS for drivers is v10.11 El Capitan, and v12 will not allow installing that?

My bad, you are correct.

Will try Canon, but not holding much hope as they seem to have abandoned supporting this printer for some time.

If that doesn't pan out, then you best hope is Ronasara's suggestion.

Cheers and happy holidays

Same to you and your's.

Any workaround to use a Canon IPF6100 with Mac OS 12 Monterey?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.