Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Upgrading to Mojave from High Sierra

I have an imac running High Sierra - late 2013 and whenever i download the Mojave installer its says this copy of the install macOs Mojave application is damaged, and cant be used to install macOS - i have the same issue on two completely different macs is anyone else having this issue and how did you resolve it? I have tried download from the appstore - from safari and from chrome but always the same error.

Posted on Dec 24, 2021 8:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 24, 2021 9:33 AM

Most often the problem is due to using Wi-Fi for the download. It is just too slow for these very large files and they often become corrupted, and you don't want to install a corrupted OS. I suggest that you connect your computer to the modem using an Ethernet cable even if you have to temporarily move the computer. If that is not possible, then you may have to do several lengthy downloads until you get a clean one that will install properly. Sometimes Wi-Fi will be fine, but sometimes not.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 24, 2021 9:33 AM in response to danielfrombath

Most often the problem is due to using Wi-Fi for the download. It is just too slow for these very large files and they often become corrupted, and you don't want to install a corrupted OS. I suggest that you connect your computer to the modem using an Ethernet cable even if you have to temporarily move the computer. If that is not possible, then you may have to do several lengthy downloads until you get a clean one that will install properly. Sometimes Wi-Fi will be fine, but sometimes not.

Upgrading to Mojave from High Sierra

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.